Village of Oak Lake Homeowners Association, Inc. Architectural Control Committee Guidelines for Exterior Maintenance
Village of Oak Lake is a deed restricted community and requires architectural control approval before any improvements can be made to the outside of your home. Every homeowner should have received a packet containing declarations and covenants and architectural control information when they moved into our community. These declarations and covenants are a part of the package formally agreed to and signed off on during the closing process. Most of these documents can be found at volhoa.com on the Resources page. The following guidelines were put in place to keep our neighborhood appealing and to help maintain property values.
Following are the regulations adopted by Village of Oak Lake:
WHEREAS, rules and regulations regulating exterior maintenance of the Properties are necessary to help maintain the attractiveness of the subdivision and thereby support property values of the subdivision;
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE FOLLOWING Exterior Maintenance Guidelines are hereby adopted:
Exterior Maintenance Guidelines
All improvements on a Lot must be maintained in a state of good repair and shall not be allowed to deteriorate. Repairs shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- All painted surfaces must be clean and smooth with no bare areas or peeling paint, and all surfaces must be free of mildew;
- All rotted and damaged wood must be replaced and any damaged brick repaired;
- Gutters must be kept in good repair and not allowed to sag or hang down;
- Roofs must be maintained in good repair with no missing or curling shingles;
- All glass surfaces must be whole;
- Garage doors must be undamaged and in good repair;
- Fences and gates must be kept in good repair;
- Sidewalks, driveways and curbs must be cleaned and undamaged and seams must be kept free of weeds;
- Lawns must be kept mowed, edged, and weed free, flower beds must be kept free of weeds, and shrubs and trees must be kept trimmed;
- There shall be no storage of clutter and/or debris in public view;
- Mailboxes must be maintained and in good repair; and
- All garbage cans and recycle bins must be stored out of public view.
If you have any questions about these ACC guidelines or are not sure if the repairs you are considering making to your home require ACC approval, please contact a board member. Our email addresses can be found on the website volhoa.com. Or you may contact Sterling Association Services, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.