Important Pool Opening Information
Last week, during Greater Houston Pool Management’s inspection of the pool, pool house and guard room, they discovered several burst pipes (from the freeze in February), water leaks, water damage and other issues. Due to these unforeseen circumstances, we will not be opening the pool until Saturday, June 5th. This information was only relayed to the Board on Tuesday, May 25th , and we are passing it on so you can plan accordingly for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
The Board recently held a workshop via Zoom to discuss board member tasks and pool opening guidelines for the 2021 swim season. The following decisions were made:
- Masks will not be required. If you wish to wear a mask while not in the water, please feel free to do so.
- Waivers will not be required.
- Guests will be allowed; however, only people with proper identification (Pool Access Card) will be admitted and only ten (10) guests will be allowed per household. Guest(s) must be accompanied at ALL times by a resident.
- The pool furniture may be used.
- Sanitizer stations have been installed near the restrooms for your use.
- The season will be extended three weekends through September 26th.
- Please maintain a safe distance from others and if you are feeling sick, running fever or experiencing any other unpleasant symptoms, please stay home.
The Board is waiting for bids from Sterling to repair the hole in the driveway leading up to the pool parking lot. We hope to have this area repaired in the next couple of weeks.
The Board is discussing a neighborhood event for Saturday, July 3rd , at Kidz Village Park. We will keep you updated as we work through the details. If you would like to volunteer to help with this event, please contact Carla Wingerson at email@example.com for more information.